Thursday, April 22, 2010

And again...he who has ears, listen to what the Spirit is saying.


I wasn’t expecting this in the least, but I had another dream I would like to share in reference to my previous post. I haven’t even been thinking about this topic very much recently, so I was a little surprised when I had it.

In my dream I was attending a huge outdoor gathering of thousands of Catholics. We were all seated and waiting with great expectation. The Pope was going to speak, and everyone desperately wanted to hear what he had to say. There was a sense that the outcome of this event was of great importance, and the people needed to hear something from him that would put them at ease.

Suddenly he sat in his seat, and it seemed very much like the “throne” of a king to me. His position was very high up above the people. And, he spoke about two sentences and that was it. I do not know what he said, but I remember it was of little substance and seemed to be a formality only. After speaking these two sentences, it was over. Just like that. People began to rise up out of their seats (some staggering in disbelief), and look at each other as if suddenly they had lost their foundation in life. For many, the weight was too heavy to bear. Suddenly where there was once unity, hope, and expectation, there was now confusion. People began to disperse and go in different directions. It was as if a bond was broken, a sacred bond.

The image that breaks my heart and sticks in my mind the most is that of an elderly gentlemen who was seated to the right of me and getting up out of his seat. I looked over at him…and he looked me right in the eyes. There was such pain and hurt in his eyes as he staggered out of his seat. I felt much compassion, and I hurt deeply for him. He was looking for answers, for help with a pleading in his eyes. It was as if he lost everything he believed in, in one short moment. It was gone, all over for him.

Now, I do not have an agenda or mission whatsoever to speak ill of the Catholic Church. But again, I thought it important to share what I have just written. I’ve seen a lot of different things recently, like Catholics announcing they are “proud” to be Catholic.  I find it all rather childish. I’ve also heard that many want to support the pope, or,  are asking for his resignation. I mean for goodness sake, just who and what needs defending here? Truth is truth. Let him who has ears, hear what the Spirit is saying.

11 comments:

Nadwrażliwiec said...

Hello Cheri! :)
I'm first time on Your blog, but I think it will be nice :)
I think Your post is very important. I thought that this problem is typical only for Poland, my country, but You showed me that it is also in "western" part of world. In Poland about 89% people are Catholic. I know people from this church, who are real imitators of Christ. God don't look at churches, but only at heart. But most people in my country live like ateists - don't know the Bible, don't believe in most of Biblical truth...
Thank You for this interesting note.

Life is Severe said...

Zimbabwe, thank you for thoughtful comment. Yes you are correct, what ultimately matters is what is in the heart of a man. My last post certainly fits with that point.

I knew Poland was predominately Catholic, but I assumed that it was a more devout country for some reason. I was surprised to read that most people live like atheists.

Thank you for your comment, and welcome to my blog. :)

Life is Severe said...

I use to have comments btw, but I lost them all when I changed my blog address. Too bad about that, but it's nice to start over as well. :)

Nadwrażliwiec said...

I was too small concret in my comment :)
Yes, that's true - people in Poland are very religious. Lots of them is regurarly in church, they love pope and they are very traditional. But in daily live there is lot of jealousy and reluctance to other churches. In recent years it changes, but I know very few Polish people reading Bible...
But the best is that evangelical Christians in Poland are increasingly active :)
I thought that in e.g. USA the situation is better. But when I was in Germany last year I knew that lots of Germans is in reality deists - they believe that God exist, but nothing else does.
I understand Your situation with comments :) It doesn't matter for me, and Your blog is great :)

Life is Severe said...

Thanks for the explanation and encouragement Zimbabwe. :) I sincerely look forward to hearing from you more. New posts coming soon!

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

I don't know how you remember so many details of your dreams! Whew! The few dreams I have had -- it seems you have many -- lose their details the instant I wake up.

Amrita said...

Hi Ceri thank you for directing me to your new blog address.
Oh sorry I was confused I thought you lived in the UK, now I know where you are.

puzzled said...

Cheri, I miss your posts! When can we look forward to another of your informative posts? I am sending you a SUNSHINE AWARD because I enjoy your blog so very much. Hurry back, please.

Life is Severe said...

Puzzled, thank you so much for the award and checking in! It was so nice to get your message. I will definitely be getting started again this weekend. I have had some personal things to attend to that took all of my attention this last month. A lot of changes going on now for sure. I have some good ideas for posting, and I hope they will sincerely bless you. Thank you again for the award...am I supposed to see it on the blog somewhere? I don't know how that stuff works. :)

Life is Severe said...

Elizabeth,

Yes, I am quite detailed and have always had a good memory. :) For some reason receiving dreams is a distinct way I am shown things. I'm very careful with it though...and I wouldn't say I have "a lot" necessarily...or even that frequently. But when I do they seem to be quite "meaty" ,if you will. I'm a very thoughtful and contemplative person as well...and I relish the challenge...,if there is one, in the interpretation of dreams.

puzzled said...

I am sorry I wasn't a bit more specific about the SUNSHINE AWARD. It took me a little while to figure it all out too because it was all new to me. However, if you take a look at the post on my blog, you will see how it works. You can copy and paste the award from my blog to yours. I hope you will be able to display the SUNSHINE AWARD on your blog and that you will pass it on to some of your favourite blogs too. Thanks Cheri and blessings to you. ( I am pleased to see you are back with some more great posts.)