Sunday, October 2, 2011

True Fulfillment

I was feeling fine this morning when I awoke. As the afternoon wore on, I sat down for a moment of contemplation and looked out the window. Suddenly, tears started to flow as the result of a certain sorrow I was feeling. I started to pray. Words came to me quite suddenly, and I felt they were important enough to write down for others who might be feeling the same. Of course, it is important to keep the below message in proper context. Many enter a life of "nothingness" out of laziness, or for other reasons they have within their means to control.

It's not like I wasn't previously aware of the message in the words that came to me, I was. There is a certain awareness of the timelessness within which a child of God lives, because we are citizens of heaven. However, making certain life decisions has not always been easy for me. And, God knows I wish I would have had more, at least, emotional support along the way.

You have not wasted your life. Better to experience “nothingness” with me, than experience a life of so called great accomplishment apart from me. You are not naked and ashamed before me. Many who believe they have had fulfilling lives will stand before Me naked and ashamed on that day, even among my own people. Do not be deceived! They will discover their focus on being fulfilled in this life, has been based on a lie. For, they sought happiness in those things that truly do not fulfill the human spirit, and were apart from the will of God. There is no true fulfillment apart from Me.

 
The trend now among people in making so many important life decisions is living in the moment and obtaining immediate gratification. Important decisions made lightly and swiftly often end in situations where there is despair and loss, whether it’s six months or forty years after the choice has been made. The time they were so desperate to not slip by, has now truly been wasted.

Happiness is often fleeting, but joy of the spirit is possible even in the direst circumstances.

However, you will have sorrow and experience trouble in this life. The circumstances of each one are different. This is why you must hold one another up and pray without ceasing for your brothers and sisters. Do my children not see the burden of one is the burden of all?

If your current circumstances bring sorrow to your heart remember, it is better to sorrow with me and in me, than find a fleeting happiness apart from me.

11 comments:

Nadwrażliwiec said...

It is easy to think, that only me and my problems are the most important in the world. Being the egoist is easy. But we should thank God for his grace. Many people today ask: "How good God can tolerate so bad world?", but almost nobody asks, why in this bad worls good can exist. Why do I life in peaceful country, and not in Somalia, where war has been since above 20 years? Why have I lovely parents and home?
Only God knows answers. People can have knowledge, but they can't give answers on these questions.
Heartly greetings for You.

Life is Severe said...

Hello Zim,

I have often had the same thoughts about such questions...and realized that yes indeed... only God truly knows.

This is why I am often agitated at times when someone wants to give easy answers in regard to our difficulties, and then wipe their hands and run in the other direction. We may not have the answers, but we should always be standing with others in prayer.

God bless you, and thank you for your comment.

Life Is Beautiful said...

Beautiful post, Cheri and very true. I remember recently feeling so lonely and alone because I had to make choices based purely on the Church teaching that I believe to be the explicit will of Jesus. There was no room for rationalisation or discussion as it was there before me in authoritative black and white. I remember thinking these words, and even saying them to someone close to me... "Truth is a lonely place" I felt so many want to come only so close while retaining the sort of control of destiny that is apart from Jesus in the directional decisions of the day and of life...through allowing circumstances or intention to rationalise what is essentially an evil act into something good. When you walk into truth alone, it can indeed be very lonely, and you suffer that loneliness with Jesus.

Life is Severe said...

Wow, your circumstances seem to fit with exactly what I wrote about. Indeed, truth is a lonely place. I think I actually need to be more accepting of this in a broad sense, then always questioning like I do.

I am touched by the strength of your decisions and convictions, and your comment caused a certain joy to rise up in my heart after reading it. As I suspected, perhaps the sharing of my experience was affirming to you (and anyone of course) in some way.

"I felt so many want to come only so close while retaining the sort of control of destiny that is apart from Jesus in the directional decisions of the day and of life...through allowing circumstances or intention to rationalise what is essentially an evil act into something good."

So true...and well put.

Get writing when you have a moment! ;-)

Metaphysical Catholic said...

Thanks for sharing the words you heard. I wish more people would do that.

In C.S. Lewis' The Great Divorce, there is a scene in Heaven where a person has arrived and all of Heaven is excited and all come out to pay her homage. We would think she was a "nobody." A housewife. A person of no note.

All she did was love God.

Life is Severe said...

That's very beautiful..and it certainly puts my post in proper perspective. It truly is quite easy to be lead astray in regard to what's most important in life, isn't it?

I was praying last night before falling asleep, about all this stuff I feel I need to accomplish. Just then I heard my phone alterting me I received an email. It was an email from blogger letting me know there had been a post comment..and it was in reference to yours! Interesting timing.

I would like to share more of some things that come to me, it hasn't always been easy.

Thank you for your comment. :-)

Amrita said...

Dear Cheri very few take the narrow path

Life is Severe said...

So true Amrita, so true.

Mary N. said...

This is a powerful message, Cheri. It's very comforting too. Thank you for sharing it with us. I was struck by the truths it contained, especially that there is no fulfillment apart from Him. I see this so clearly in my own life and in the lives of others close to me. Whenever I do things outside of God's will it falls flat and they do not work out.

I see this need for "immediate gratification" everywhere in our society today and I have allowed myself to be caught up in it too.

These message is so beautiful. Wow!

Mary N. said...

Pardon the typos ;)

Life is Severe said...

Hi Mary, I'm happy this post blessed you..that is why I wrote it. :-) As I've written a few times before on this blog, it's not always easy for me to put my private moments out there for everyone to read. Your comment means a lot..thank you!