Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Waiting....

As I do share some of my spiritual experiences from time to time in this blog, there is yet another I would like to mention.

A few nights ago, I had what seemed like a vision. The last one I had was the night before I left Ireland to return to America in 2005. In the most recent one I was shown some personal things, but there is one thing in particular I would like to share. I heard the numbers 1:22 in my heart. Not knowing what time it was, I reached over to look at my cell phone, and it was exactly 1:22 in the morning. I still wasn’t sure of the significance of these numbers.

The next day, I was talking to a friend , and he shared with me that he had prayed for me the night before for some continuing peace and direction. As I shared with him about 1:22, he looked over at the open bible next to him on a table and read this:


In all these things Job sinned not by his lips, nor spoke he any foolish thing against God.”

(Job 1:22)

I was told years ago by a deeply spiritual person who had some wisdom and maturity, that I would go through a time of severe testing in my life for the purpose and glory of God. A knowledge of or understanding of the story of Job is quite significant, in that it is one story that takes away the veil for a moment and gives us a glimpse into the perfect wisdom and knowledge of God that is at times beyond our comprehension. Job was most severely tested for the purpose and glory of God.

Job was not a perfect man, he did make mistakes and this is most definitely pointed out to him in the story. I am not perfect either obviously, and I have made foolish mistakes as I tried to navigate my spiritual walk, and I grieve over these every day.

There were times of wavering, and feeling incredibly weak. I have experienced intense confusion at times. The turmoil and confusion was beyond unbearable at times. I can relate to Job as the story tells how his friends came to him and started giving him all sorts of advice. I have gotten this too. I have been told time and time again that God is not the author of confusion. I feel a righteous indignation at times when anyone comes to me and says what is of God and what isn’t. How or who is anyone to really say who God is? Even though the veil in the temple was torn in two and we are united with God through His son in this age, I believe there is a holy distance and respect we must keep in regard to our perspective of an almighty God.

I still feel so tired at times after the testing and the waiting. God will renew all things. I am truly in awe.

3 comments:

Life Is Beautiful said...

Firstly, thanks for the lovely comments. No wonder my ears were burning :)

Coincidentally (?) I have just finished my section of essay on Job, and really I feel so happy for you. In the story of Job, he too was shown to experience the despair of feeling forsaken in many ways, even though he knew he was faithful to God, but in chapter 42, God restores abundantly after his time of testing and suffering. God is sovereign over the powers of evil...never doubt that.

I love the pic... to me it is like looking at the tabernacle of a Catholic Church with the eyes of the spirit. The light, the angels, the Majesty within.

ps... you're welcome! God is great.

SQUELLY said...

Hi Cheri and Pip! This is a lovely post- I really love that image

Life is Severe said...

Thank you Squelly!! I thought the image was appropriate and fitting for the post. Thanks for checking out our blog..God Bless you...